Author Topic: singles option  (Read 3408 times)

jukejohn

singles option
« on: November 21, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
this has been mentioned a few times if this is not possible :(  maybe a singles style
selection jukebox with all the features of videobox to your list of software  ;D

Dj4nrv

Re: singles option
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
how do you mean john??
i have just been putting a single mp3 file in a folder with a folder.jpeg which works for me, although i would like to see an option to skip the tracklist screen. So once the image is clicked it would skip the tracklist screen an the play popup would appear on top of the artwork screen instead. does that make sense , its hard to explain.  ;D
basically the artwork becomes the tracklist??

Dj4nrv

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
Or you could set your library as
JBP/GENRE/ARTIST/Track.mp3 which would simplify things a little as you would only need artwork for each artist instead of each album?? which would also give you a list of singles by each artist.??

jukejohn

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »
how i mean is a single track based jukebox not album based
like the ones that the big companys put in your local pub
ive got thousands of singles in there own folder with artwork 

Dj4nrv

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »
I get ya john.
you can still use videobox for that though.
I think all steve and bry would have todo is add an option in the settings somewhere to activate or deactivate singles mode( a bit like the Nickolodian Mode) which would decide if the software showed the tracklist Page or not??
whether they are willing to add that to the existing software or not , i dont know??
What other changes do you think would be needed john or what would make it different to the existing videobox??

This is why i like the way videobox has its library setup , because it is pretty much open to the user to arrange the library as the user wants.

jukejohn

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »
would like to be able to have a folder called singles which would open subfolders of various single genres
that would do nicely for me but as dj mentioned at the moment you get a empty track list page with a
single track on it whick looks crap

or could this be acheived with jukeblaster maybe

so if not a workable option then create a singles style juke with the same options as
videobox but would prefure a nice free update to vjb

Dj4nrv

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
surley you could do that alongside your albums in Videobox????
Have your albums saved to JBP/Genre/AlbumName etc etc
and then singles in JBP/Singles/Genre/TrackName etc etc
but yeah it stilll leaves big blanks on a page
and you cant resize the Single Genres images to a different size to your full album images.
But it would work.

Dj4nrv

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
i actually do something similar and that was why i once requested an option not to show exact duplicate filenames in the searching feature. because some of my singles are also in albums and when searched it showed both???

jukejohn

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
what it mainly comes down to is a big empty page for one track everything else is fine
so in the meantime i use my singles collection as bgm sadly you cant search/play them

im pretty happy with videobox as it is only got selfish wishes this being one of them
soon be ready to pay for another licence but waiting and watching first see what happens

jukejohn

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 07:34:25 PM »
what about this idea if a single track is displayed what if you could display surgested albums in the track page
if you have less then say 5 tracks to display

also gui needs improvements
slowed down page veiwing when surgested albums is enabled
this might not show on smaller collections but on big collections requires speed improvement also when
covers resized in some dimensions there is a large waisted space at the bottom and they dont allways
line up correctly

jukejohn

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
maybe a que button with options [party mode]