Author Topic: AVI file not playing  (Read 1422 times)

Rourky

AVI file not playing
« on: September 24, 2022, 09:19:16 PM »
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, I am having some troubles with video box not playing selected AVI files. I have heaps of AVI files in the same folder some play some wont. I have closed video box and opened them in VLC play and they all work fine, I find when videobox is running the track listing is (._5 seconds of summer - COMPLETE MESS) but anything without the (._) will play fine. I have re scanned the library twice with no success. It will take your credit but not play the track. Would anyone be able to help me please.

reno

Re: AVI file not playing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 02:51:50 AM »
Look like you identify a potential problem/ solution. Try using  the track tagging tool and edit the tag name or the file name without the “._”

Rourky

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 01:00:41 AM »
Hi Reno, Cheers for the reply. The files on the HDD are labelled correctly (no ._) ie 5 seconds of summer - COMPLETE MESS but when video juke does a scan and adds them to the library it adds the ._ and the files wont play. I have then closed video box and double clicked on the songs and they work fine. There is multiple songs in the same location about 50 or so and it will do it to about 12. I hope that makes sense.

Tony Neen

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 03:33:34 PM »
It is not the FILE NAME, It is the TAG name you need to look at.