Author Topic: VBP Crashes after update  (Read 3237 times)

ShakesBar

VBP Crashes after update
« on: December 03, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »
So I posted a little earlier saying I couldn't get the android app to work, but it seem there is something a little more sinister going on.

When I updated, it actually reset everything. Im unsure if this is what was meant to happen... but it did. I have reset everything back to how I wanted it set up and we seem to be ok... however, bgm radio will not play at all.. not even chillout.. and if i choose a track to play, as soon as I hit the play button the whole program just crashes. No warning or anything, just GONE.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

ShakesBar

Re: VBP Crashes after update
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:50:15 PM »
Update:

I deactivated and uninstalled completely, and reinstalled in a different location.

I set up everything again as I like it, had everything working perfectly including songs playing. then I went to the remote control, activated it then closed it to reboot. then it booted up nicely, went to choose a song and BAM it dies again.

Matt

ShakesBar

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »
Upgrading to W10 fixed the problem for me.... not sure its a good solution for everyone though.

Was crapping a brick when i did it cos the thought of the touch drivers not working made me bury my head on my hands... seems it worked though :)

Matt

ShakesBar

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »
I had to uninstall W10 as my touch wasn't working as expected.

It all is doing the same, it crashes when i play a song.

Ill leave it all up and running and will email you over my teamview login if you want to take a look... but something isn't right on the W7 platform.

Matt

ShakesBar

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
This was fixed by Steve.

My windows had managed to corrupt the data files for VBX, they were deleted and all settings were put back to how they were.

I now have a fully functioning VBX again, very grateful to Steve for doing this, top guy.

Matt

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »
Hey Matt

Thanks for the kind words my friend, glad to help  :D

One last thing to say, now that you have your Videobox setup how you like it, you should now use the new 'Backup settings' button to save a copy of your setup.

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE