Author Topic: nsm evolution project  (Read 17055 times)

colin.cc22

nsm evolution project
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
i have this jukebox and thinking whats the best software i can use,and will the coin mech still work,and will it work with the hard ware thats already on it,if not what will i need to replace,and will the wired remote still work.i like videobox,so if someone can give me a step by step guide on how to do it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:15:10 PM by Steve »

colin.cc22

Re: nsm evolution project
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
this is the inside

colin.cc22

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:43:32 PM »
front view

jukejohn

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »
ive converted these before
they use a itx m1000 motherboard and video jukebox will not run to well as its only a 1ghz cpu but best to
check that out with bry/steve but not ideal moboard very slow not designed for speed
the amp will not work either the way its designed its connect to the main system board
also dont think vjb is compatible to a vertical screen unless bry can do a vertical skin again best to check that with bry/steve

the one i had i ripped it all out and put my own system in but was worth it

colin.cc22

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
so what can i save,i have an old p4 motherboard,with hard drive,what sort of amp do i need,and how would i connect it to the motherboard someone said to use a car amp,but i dont know what one any idea

jukejohn

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
well first of i would bug bry to see if he could do a vertical skin
if no i can help you but it means using another software in that
case be best to send me a pm with your email i can help you but
ask bry first if a vetical skin is possible

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
Hi Guys, I think Dj knows how to do the verticle screen thing, you can see some pics of how it looks here  ;D http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=433.0
I think the 1ghz cpu should just do it, but for Videobox I would reccomend at least a gig of ram with xp and at least 2 gig with vista (forget win7), of course you could use Juke Blaster Pro and get away with much less, see here for a great guide:- http://jukeblaster.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=58

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

colin.cc22

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
so how do i go about getting verticle screen,and what amp do i need.and would it all run on videobox

jukejohn

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
the screen you have is a vertical screen and you can use a car amp or look on ebay
theres a load of mini amps on there

colin.cc22

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »
sorry to be a pain but what sort of car amp,there is so many to choose from,what does it need to have ,what make i have not got a clue or whats the best one.so i have screen motherboard just need amp and software and vertical skin

Dj4nrv

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 01:22:48 PM »
hi guys the vertical screen should work fine as long as your Display controller is Intel . You can use ctl+alt+up/down/left/right
i did my vertical screen on a tablet which already had a hard button to rotate 90 degrees.
you DONT need a vertical skin!!! standard skin works fine, although it scrolls left to right rather than up and down.
with the amp i think it is possible to use the existing amp but it may be more hassle than its worth as you can pick up amps quite cheap nowadays. but it should be a case of finding out what color wire does what??? and then adding the connectors you require.
And as john said it seems the cpu and ram look to be the main concern, if your intending to run videobox. which i believe would be ace in that cab.
il see if i can find a similar nsm here and have a look at the amp.

jukejohn

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »
the audio is is configured somehow from the network socket then through the main system board
via a mute circuit through a chip and other conponents then to the amp its designed so that the amp
pcb is part of the main system board and relay power board they are as one and they will not work without each other and
once you disconect the network cable from the moboard its all down hill from the start

not saying its not possible to use the amp somehow its just the design its not straight forward
doesnt have a direct input like other power amps
if he could do a few very close up photos you might be able to see better

jukejohn

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
the audio is is configured somehow from the network socket then through the main system board
via a mute circuit through a chip and other conponents then to the amp its designed so that the amp
pcb is part of the main system board and relay power board they are as one and they will not work without each other and
once you disconect the network cable from the moboard its all down hill from the start

not saying its not possible to use the amp somehow its just the design its not straight forward
doesnt have a direct input like other power amps
if he could do a few very close up photos you might be able to see better

Dj4nrv

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »
Yeah John is right ,it's hard to see from the picture, and actually I'm not even sure it would be possible without modifying the amp!!!  it's probly better to go with a new amp.