Author Topic: Very strange goings on....  (Read 4667 times)

adam1980

Very strange goings on....
« on: May 03, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
Have been running Video Box with no issues however it no hangs when starting up - it gets to the screen where it shows the version number and serial and thats it. Only way I can get further forward is by unplugging the ethernet cable from my pc, which then causes further problems as I access my music via NAS drive.

I am by no means a computer whizz but I am suspecting the "crash" is occuring when videobox is checking it has the latest version installed?

Any help or advice would be greatly received.

Adam

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Very strange goings on....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »
Hi Adam, I will try to help...

I also have a NAS drive (seagate personal cloud) and so I know what a pain they can be, try this...
Fire up Videobox (unplug the lan cable if you have to) and when its running change the music location to something like the default (C:\JBP) and let it scan the tracks...
then shut it down and fire up again to see if it fires up ok, if it does...
then set your nas drive location again and scan the files and then test a restart.

Try that and let me know how you get on, if you have no joy I can give you a remote session on friday to sort it for you :-)

Steve
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:42:58 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

adam1980

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
Hi Steve,

Your suggestions worked a treat, although I am still at a loss why all of a sudden Videobox started misbehaving...

Will be migrating my copy of videobox onto a faster pc in the near future, the pc in question will be dedicated purely to running videobox so hopefully this instance will be the last time I experience any problems.

Thanks alot

Adam

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:35:51 PM »
:-)
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k