Author Topic: Windows 7 Meltdown  (Read 6446 times)

cvrichardson

Windows 7 Meltdown
« on: February 04, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
Hi All,

I know Windows 7 is not supported, but I also saw here in the forum that others were using it with success, so when my hard drive running JBP on Vista (which Sucks) died I installed a new larger drive and loaded up Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit version and JBP. Now, when I use my license file Steve sent me it comes up as Expired or missing even though it is in the proper directory. I have purchased several licenses of JBP to run on a couple of machines. I am using the same machine as I was before and it should work without any problem shouldn't it? I have sent several emails to Steve asking for help and I am surprised that he has not gotten back to me with anything.. Steve is a great guy from all indications so I can only guess that maybe my emails are not getting to him so I am putting my problem here. It has been over a week that the system has been down and I need some relief. What do I do? I refuse to go back to Vista. I will NEVER run that rebooting, blue screening, screen freezing, unreliable piece of scum OS again as long as I live. I know that JBP will run on Windows 7. I have JBP, I have paid for my license on this machine... PLEASE HELP ANYONE !!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Windows 7 Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »
Hi cvrichardson

Just do a new licence request, and as long as it is only your windows that has changed I can generate you a new licence for free, hows that  ;D

Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

cvrichardson

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
Hey Steve,

I did that a few days ago. Sorry to be a pain. You want me to resend today? Yes, only the OS and hard drive have changed. It is on the same computer. Honestly, I would not even mind if you felt you needed to charge me for another license. I love the program and want to support you in your efforts. In a way I am glad I had these tech difficulties, Vista sucked so when the HD died, I was more than happy to upgrade the OS to Windows 7. If you need me to beta Windows 7 operation for you, I would be glad to help you by sending back any bug info you need to make it work. I know it sucks for you to support another OS but in the long run dropping Vista support and bringing everything up to Windows 7 may be a blessing for you. I guess you can conclude from my comments that VISTA SUCKS...

Chuck

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »
Hi Chuck

Yeah I agree Vista sucks big time, but Windows 7 is now supported (make sure you download the latest version of JBP).
As for the licence request, I remember getting a request (i think it was last week), from someone that said they had just upgraded from Vista to Win7 (was that you ?), but when i looked at the serial number they sent it was completly diffrent from their original.
Tell you what, just send your request again and I'l see what I can do for you, ok  ;D

Bitcoin

Doge

cvrichardson

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
Hi Steve,

Yeah, that was me. I don't understand how the serial could be different. Remember, I have bought multiple licenses. This is the same machines I have been running JBP on before just new Disk Drive and OS. This one has the additional license I bought, not the original license. The original machine was to small and slow. That's why I bought the additional license for this machine. I really meant it that I would pay for the license again if there is any concern on your part though. I would not want you to think that I was trying to get over on you because I wouldn't. I really do want to support your efforts and the software because I think you have the best jukebox software out there (and I have looked at all of them). I will help out where I can. In fact if you need an unsoliscited testimonial, I would be glad to do that also. You have always been more than cordial in your efforts to support me when I need you. I am a fan and supporter for life.. I will resend the request shortly.

Chuck

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:30 PM »
Hey Chuck

Thank you for your kind words and support, it's appreciated, please check your email, I've sent you a new licence file.
Make sure you download the latest version of JBP if you are using Windows 7, any problems just let me know.

Bitcoin

Doge

cvrichardson

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:50:22 PM »
Hey Steve,

I checked my email but there is no license file. Could you please resend?

Thanks,

Chuck

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
Hey Steve,

I checked my email but there is no license file. Could you please resend?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck

I sent it again this morning, let me know...

Bitcoin

Doge

cvrichardson

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »
Hi Steve,

Checked my email again this morning and nothing has come in. Not sure why, are you sending to cvrichardson@comcast.net ? I don't even get it as spam or junk. Maybe if you zip it first. The only thing I can figure is that comcast might be filtering it out before it gets to me... Sorry for the trouble..

Chuck

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »
Yes Chuck, that's the email i sent it to, I've put it in a zip for you, let me know

Bitcoin

Doge

cvrichardson

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »
Thanks Steve,

I still have not received it yet. Maybe it is caught up in the ether somewhere ??? I am going to my office shortly and I'll see if it comes in between now and when I get there.. If you don't mind, you could also send the zip to chuck4827@hotmail.com which is another email address of mine. Maybe it's a comcast thing. I have had people send me email before and for some reason or another it never arrived. I really do apologize for the trouble. But your help and support is duly noted and appreciated more than you know. I don't know of many other companys that support their product like you do... I'll be waiting to do my testimonial...LOL

Chuck

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »
Chuck

Ok I forwarded it to your hotmail in a zip, let me know.

Bitcoin

Doge

cvrichardson

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »
I got it at the hotmail addy.... I KNEW it was a Comcast thing.. Thanks Steve, I will get back to soon with the results..

Your the best,

Chuck

cvrichardson

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »
Hey Steve,

Just wanted to report back and say thanks for all of your help. I finally received the license file on the hotmail address and it worked like a charm. Funny thing is I never received anything except the V2 update on the Comcast email account. Comcast must have some serious issues with email. Anyway, everything is up and running beautifully on the Windows 7 OS. Not a single problem yet, No freezes, drop outs, reboots and it seems very stable. I wanted to run it for a couple of days before I got back to you. I also have the KIM card and a parallel device running on it and it seems to work flawlessly also. If I run into any issues, I will let you know but I would like to say that running Windows 7 OS versus Vista is a huge upside to JBP. I already loved the JBP program but now I am even more satisfied with it and could not be happier..

Thanks again for all of your support and for dreaming up such a great program. Like I already told you, I am a customer for life..

Chuck