Author Topic: videobox install fault  (Read 3421 times)

amuzone

videobox install fault
« on: April 18, 2012, 03:38:47 AM »
I am having trouble installing videobox..It is a new dual core pentium on an asus motherboard 2gb of ram and a 500gb hdd. windows xp and service pack 3 installed . I insert the cd and go through the steps outlined in the manual 1, 2, 3 and then click on install videobox , select language , then click next accept the agreement then selct create shortcut etc then on the ready to install screen click install and a window pops up saying " The drive or unc share you selected does not exist please select another " click on ok then the window and the installer closes . I have uninstalled it all and tried again to no avail. have also looked through the forum for advice and didnt find any. I know the software works fine on an older computer so it has to be something amiss with the new one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: videobox install fault
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
Hi amuzone

I've never come across that one before, so I just googled it and it sounds like its something to do with your cdrom drive or the path to it thats the problem, I guess you could try temporarily copying the cd contents to your hard drive, and then try install it from there.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

amuzone

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »
Thanks, I have done that with the same result. You say it has something to do with the path to the cd , well I checked the drive letters assigned to the hdd and cd and they are I: and H: respectively. Would that have anything to do with it as most windows installations assign c: to the boot drive?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
Hi . yes, VBX must install to your C:\ drive.

I dont understand why you would have I & H as your windows install drive, very odd, anyway looks like thats the problem.

Bitcoin

Doge

amuzone

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:57 PM »
Yes I wondered about that too , it was caused by a usb card reader that was connected when windows was installed and windows assigned c:, d:, e:  etc to the usb drives . I had to disconnect the usb card reader and since this was a new computer I reformatted the hdd and installed windows. The videobox software then installed flawlessly as the boot drive was now c: .  Thankyou for helping Steve. We can now get on with the project.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »
Hi amuzone

Thats great, glad you got going  ;D, its a bit crazy though that your C:\ can get renamed is'nt it...

Bitcoin

Doge