Author Topic: Help No Video After Upgrade from demo to 2.9.9.(  (Read 5180 times)

cyberbob

Help No Video After Upgrade from demo to 2.9.9.(
« on: December 31, 2012, 07:43:03 PM »
Hi all

I took the plunge and have afew issues

1st being, unable to display video files, i had not installed the video codecs before hand and when i updated i installed the codecs now it shows no files in video box for video mp4 files , is was all wokring before i updated and installed

other issue im having is ive been naming tracks in demo mode and now the display of them has changed, i have check the setting for wide titles ect . arrrrrrrrrrh

help please renaming again fine its just tweaking but no video files showing gulp

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Help No Video After Upgrade from demo to 2.9.9.(
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
Hi cyberbob i will try to help  :D

Ok, updating or going from trial to full will not affect video playback in Videobox, what is probably affecting playback is something has altered on your windows system when you installed the k-lite codec pack, you can try a few things...

You can try to uninstall, reinstall or tweak the k-lite codec pack, it will not harm or affect Videobox (Videobox reinstall is NOT required).

As for your display names, wide tracks etc I would need more info on what the problem actually is that you are seeing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:10:55 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

cyberbob

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »
thanks for promt reply new years eve too

Happy New Year

twaeked and seemed happy, i did have 40 videos in a folder on left tab menu, now it needs a folder inside the tab folder. can work with that, strange it allowed it to show when clicked from favs.

video fixed thanks

basicly i have been renaming files, and testing search ect,  so i set spacing up in v2.0 now its all changed,  ie i have set for example (one step beyond                 madness) to get it to display on each line nice and tidy.  or can i re tag with a seperator of some kind. ill try and do a screen shot on v2.00 then 2.9.9.9 to show what i mean , i had to rename lots of files at different lenghs to get the results look right in v2.0. i maybe going about this all wrong.

another small issue is searching from multiple albums ie 3 abba albums and repeated tracks, it seems to search each album in alpha order

thanks for promt reply

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »
Hi Bob
Happy new year to you too  ;D...

Are you using FileName Fixer to automatically arrange your filenames ?.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:32:24 PM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

cyberbob

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
Hiya

Oh yes love all these extra settings :)

i just got to tweak a little more.

Right i was using file fixer and tagifi, which was fine till i got to an album with good lower cased names title and no tag so i started editing myself. some long tags it did not want to deal with so i have to edit and use imagination or shrub track

again i maybe going about it all wrong.  i hav ebasicly been renaming them by hand and putting spaces in btween each renamed track and double checking it in the software . it was great but has now changed. im sure i can use file fixer or another prgrma to put correct number of spaces in or somthing i think. im confused now too   

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
Ok Bob, give it a rest for tonight to save you going crazy, go out and get drunk,  have a play with filename fixer tomorrow when the hangover has worn off lol  ;D,  FNF is all you need to get your track listings looking right  :D.

Bitcoin

Doge

cyberbob

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »
Ill Drink too that :)

maybe one or to have gone down & not the best time to be playing.

Yes i think back to file fixer

ill add a screen shot also or im just rampling i would rather get it right :)

cyberbob

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
Thats how i want it

I thinks the correct way round was unsure what way round to do it .

now i have upgraded i get a totaly different look, im sure your right i need to run file fixer a few times to get what i want .

i see more renaming..

is there a recomened setting for wide titles blad spaces for each line if that makes sense.

thats enough for today off to drink :)

cyberbob

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
Happy New Year

Right had a little tweak up & it all must have been down to codecs, & the fact i need a folder under the side menu folder for the files then worked a treat,

The tag names are the problem i have tried using file fixer but just does not touch the files i have renmaed adding required spacing.

my question is am i just better off renaming all the said files again ie changing the spacing. or keep trying with file fixer ?

i have run it on a test folder a few times now with nothing on renamed files, if i tick tagifi then it changes it to what ever the id3 is so if thats useless its either change manualy or use tagifi then renam again if id3 ok.

am i missing somthing, or is it a case i should not have renamed everything till i upgraded. i have named about 4000 tracks to work with v2.0 now there all over the place i have tried messing with the wider titles tab and divider spacing no luck ???? im at a loss here, how many spacs is the first line to the 2nd lien and what defines this im a little stuck here now , or do i just bite the bullet and begin renaming again ???

cheers in advance

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Hi bob, I cant see anything wrong with the picture above (ub40 album), all tracks look like they are labeled up nice ?.

I was unable to understand from your last description what the problem with using Filename Fixer is ?, phrases such as  "no luck" & "all over the place" dont realy tell me anything usefull, take your time and explain what you are trying to do, the steps you take and most importantly the outcome in detail, i then might be able to suggest a fix for you  :D

Bitcoin

Doge

cyberbob

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
Ill Try

Right picture above is of v2.0 tags.  i started using file fixer, but with tags being different ect, i took the plunge to type manualy and space manualy, to get the look you see above, i could not get this from filefixer, some files are fine, but if do long or bad tags then it can just make things worse, so with all the fiddling ect, i thought do it by hand. which is fine for best results.

right so above is good :) right with v2.0

since updating i have noticed all my tagging is now messed up. ie does not look like above anymore, i have tried to copy the album and run file fixer nothing, does not change anything anymore for some reason, tried ticking remove spacing , with no luck, i even tried to rename tagifi it did not change.

maybe im best of just typing them agin, if i do will this change again ? as the spacing is very different in this version 2.0 to 2.9.9

ie in v2,0

Ub40
Labour Of Love

Becomes in v2.9.9

UB40
              Labour Of L

Thus most tracks now need to be changed, ill try to take more screen shots in 2.9.9, but means reinstating one image from another, so i can go back to v2.0......

just to confirm the image above is of v 2.0 with tracks i have edited myself placing the right amoutn of spacing between names

hope this is a little clearer,  filefixer will just not work for me to remove spaces only, tick fix files then remove spaces ect ect, just tick the things i require then run it, it semes to do somthing but does nothing to the files that i have renamed, if i get a new album it will fix as best it can with tags. and most tags and not consistant, now i can see taging too :(

regards rich

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »
Ok, I think I know whats wrong, do this...

1. open Videobox and go into the 2nd page of the control panel, open GUI adjustments, in the "Track Title Cards" box select "wide Titles" then click the SAVE button.

2. Open Filename Fixer and in Step1 choose a file or album, then in step 2 tick "tag Filename" & "Wide Titles" , Click "Done" and then proceed to step 3.

As long as the files you are fixing have artist & title in their id3 tags the above instructions cannot fail to produce the correct output.

Give that a go...

Bitcoin

Doge

cyberbob

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
will tags change again ???

as its definatly changed from 2.0 to 2.9.9 and im having very mixed results with filefixer due to tags being too long and or not right in some way wrong case or somthing.

ill edit by hand, and check as i go.

im basicly asking what spacing is required ect, to set tags nice. (ie default spacing ?)

File fixer is definatly not a one stop solution for me, if tags where set lenghs and good it would be perfect. do you have a tagifi add tool too lol, i can fix the id3 with the fixed filenames ive typed hahah

cheers for advice

ill take the manul approach will only end up taking a few evenings, then i can get back on track pun