Author Topic: Window 10 startup  (Read 2967 times)

reno

Window 10 startup
« on: December 07, 2016, 03:58:48 AM »
Good Forum,
                 I was unable to get videobox to auto startup in Window 10 even though I did everything that Lawerence said to do in his tutorial. The Shield was still on the Videobox icon and it didnt auto start.
     However I got Videobox to auto start with the RegEdit method Steve suggested .  But i have a few questions with regards to that method.

1) I noticed this method came with a warning about security risk. What are the Security risk?

2) Is it safe to keep this computer connected to the internet?

3) Are there any plans to work on this problem, because I am being forced to upgrade my pc and all the new ones i am checking out are Windows 10.

Laurence

Re: Window 10 startup
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:27:55 AM »
Hi reno,

i have some answers for you here

1) I noticed this method came with a warning about security risk. What are the Security risk?
• I've had to notify members about it being a security risk because it is turning off security of windows (User Access control), if you had a virus or malware or spyware or a botnet on your computer its got more chance to compromise your computer and could cause it do things without you knowing such as DDos Attack (Zombie attacks), or having a keylogger on your computer (steals credit card details, email addresses and passwords)

2) Is it safe to keep this computer connected to the internet?
• It would be safer if you had some form of Internet Security, such as Comodo Internet Security (free and paid), AVG (free and paid), Kaspersky (paid), Malwarebytes (paid). if you get comod remember to turn off sandbox mode permanently, otherwise Videbox, Jukeblaster, JukeNT, PubJuke, KaraokeJuke will be running in sandbox and would be isolated and won't be able to save settings.

i've got Comodo Internet Security Free, and Malwarebytes (paid), and i've had no issues. i don't know about the rest of the community

3) Are there any plans to work on this problem, because I am being forced to upgrade my pc and all the new ones i am checking out are Windows 10.
• in regards to this. a lot of people will say they removed windows 10 from their computer because of "due to all the embedded spyware". i personally haven't noticed any, and no changes to my computer have been done by anyone except for me.

there are however workarounds to remove the core suspicious Spying elements to windows 10. but thats adding more software to windows to tweak windows even more which could potentially put you at more risk. Hence why people stick with windows xp and windows 7. but i haven't seen a tutorial on HOW to stay on windows 7 and avoid the windows 10 update completely.

hope this helps
Laurence

reno

Re: Window 10 startup
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »
Ok Thank you for your help.
but i was unable to get your solution to the videobox startup to work. My videobox icon still has the shield on it.