Author Topic: cancelling licences  (Read 6190 times)

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
cancelling licences
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
Howdy guys not sure if i read this somewhere or if i dreamt it..........is it possible to cancel a licence and move it to a new computer??

Reason i ask is the last videobox licence/serial i bought i added to a computer and its died on me. (motherboard fried)

Can i cancel the machine code for this serial and move it to a new one??? I understand how that could be regarded as an attempt to have 1 serial on 2 comps so thought i'd ask.

WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: cancelling licences
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »
Hi Stampy

You dreamed it mate sorry, let me explain why...

Although you may not believe me Videobox is ridiculously underpriced, we keep the entry price low by selling additional licenses and copies of JBP.

In the future there may be a transferable license, but the entry price would be much higher, what are your thoughts on that ?.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:50:50 PM by Steve »
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »
My thought are, transferable licences would be great!

Even if you make the price higher but allow the licence to be used on more then 1 machine would be good.

For example: i use pcdj karaoki program for my karaoke shows and they charge $99 for a licence that can be used upto 3 times on 3 different computers. its awesome :)

To be honest the price of your software isnt cheap at all compared to others out there and i've noticed the price for an additional licence sneakerly went up 10 pound......virtual music jukebox is only $35(usd) and has way more features, unfortunately the interface is somewhat lacking so i stay with videobox.

touchjams is also only $50 (usd) and licences can be tranferred.

I just think it sucks that you a buy licence and if your computer breaks or if you change a part in there the licence isnt recognised and becomes useless.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »
Stampy

You make some good points and as you know we actualy listen to our customers so rest assured your comments have been noted.

However..  ;D
I just want to make a few points....

The comparisons with the other softwares you mention are not realy valid because they are not even in the same class as ours, they have not been designed as real coin-operated jukeboxes with unattended operation in mind,  they are merely desktop toys, they would not last two minutes if punters were allowed to play with them, we spend a lot of time (and money) making sure our products work in the real world.

As for the price, it's dirt cheap my friend, think about it this way.. you buy something for £49 then get updates for years after, what has paid for those years of developing updates ?. If we had'nt charged for an andittional license and then allowed the software to be used on 3 other machines there would'nt have been any updates at all and VBX would be stuck at V2.0 and be a dead project. What I'm saying is that we have to monetize the project or it dies (look at some of the other juke projects on the net, they are dead). Its easy as a customer to want a software product real cheap or for free and you should be able to copy it onto 3 machines but thats just not viable if you want it to continue being developed and supported.

As for the additional license price increase, I dont realy see it as being 'sneaky', maybe I should have announced it or something.

I think if you put yourself in our shoes and take a look at the big picture you will see what fantastic value Videobox realy is, remember that its not just the development of the product we have to cover its all the other stuff too like the day & night support we give 7 days a week and the costs of running the website, forum and activation servers, there's a lot going on that has to be paid for (our Bry wont work for nothing either & the tax man never sleeps lol), all in all you're getting a good deal.

Well I think I've covered everything..
As I have said we do have to monetize the project to keep it up and running but I'm always up for new ideas...

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
well said steve

however i think your product as cool as it is will be up against a very smart peice of software which is coming out in about
2 months dont know the price but not nameing it as that wouldnt be fair to you its a coin mech and home version with a
simular look to etouch[a fave of mine]but with 3d effects and all bells and whistles

i can only realy fault vjb is the basic slow search it as compared to other jukes with large collections but thats just my personal opinion others might not think the same but so far spoton dudes

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »
Hi John

I have already seen the one you are talking about before, all I can say is you better have a thick wallet, they don't even dare publish a price!, you have to phone up for a 'quote' lol  ;D

Ps: Search is fast, less than 2 seconds on our PC's :-)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:21:29 PM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »
yes i dont expect it to be cheap

might be worth doing a vjb2 that uses id3 tags you can do alot more with id3

my search to takes about 5 to 10 secs more due to having a large collection to look through
thats were id3 tags come in to place or maybe a update were search predicts the track/artists
before you complete your search like some jukes do out there
thats my only flaw with vjb not enough search options

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
Well John, this brings us right back to the point I was making about development costs, I've already instructed our Bry to conduct a feasibility study for a potential V3, if he reports it is viable I will certainly considder funding its development.

Bitcoin

Doge

jukejohn

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:23 PM »
that sounds cool

and brys the man that can

hope it works out steve

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 10:15:14 PM »
fellas i will be trying to engineer a transferable license at some point but our Ste is right Videobox is underpriced, the aditional licence price is just a joke for the hours ofwork we have put in and teh cash investment

i think our Ste is gonna make an anouncement soon cause ive asked him to withdraw the Videobox additional license

It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »
Dont get me wrong i know its cheap, Its just a concern for me that i have 15 jukes here waiting to have licences put on them and i worry that if/when the comps could die and i've wasted my money.

If i knew the licences were transferrable i'd just buy 15 outright and be setup forever :)

Maybe you guys should do a bulk deal for 10+ serials or something for commercial users.

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
stampy i hear ya mate i do understand what u are saying, but remember the same rule applies to us as well we are in the same boat cause we have development software locked to our computers that cost thousands of pounds (yes thousands).

as i said i will try to make a transferable license if i can in the future but thre are a few technical issues unique to our prioducts that may make it dificult, for 1 not all PC's have an internet connection, so it may be imposible to make a reliable transfer
also, if we are told a pc has 'broken down' we cant actualy verify the license is not just in use somewher else and the user isnt jus after a new license for free
if a transferable license is possible for the futre my gut tells me it would have to be only between working pc's on the net I dont think it would work for broken computers

im a litle busy at the monent but i promis will look at the license situatation when i get some spare time, ok  :-)

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Doge

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 10:59:35 PM »
sory stamper i forgot ur last question mate
u can become a reseller and get bulk buy serials over at TMS (my website) here  http://touchmusicsolutions.com/index.php?page=detail&get_id=17&category=

u can get 15x VBX serials at £25 each (dunno wht aht is in dollars)

bonus is ur allowed to sell-on any serials you dont use yourself for a profit :-)

application form http://touchmusicsolutions.com/applicationform.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:02:39 PM by Bry »

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »
owwww, 25 pound each is quite tempting.....in fact i think i'll do that :)

Yeah i understand the issues with licence transfers, i'd be quite easy to manipulate....maybe make them only available to working machines with internet connection.

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »
ok fellas jus an update on this one
a transferable version of VBX between PC's may soon be available, im workin on somethin 8) looks promising

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Doge