Author Topic: Recurring license validation problem.  (Read 3537 times)

conanoz

Recurring license validation problem.
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:44:33 AM »
There seems to be a recurring license validation problem with all my jukes and the new licensing.
3 of my jukeboxes keep asking me to reactivate the license every 3 or 4 days both Videobox and Karaoke jukebox both are asking to reactivate the license. It’s not a real problem when I have an internet connection handy as they always validate quickly it’s just a little inconvenient. It’s a real problem when the jukes are away from an internet connection.
I have made no changes to my hardware at all so I’m not sure why this keeps occurring.
Here is the message both videobox and karaoke jukebox display.
“Validation Notice
You are being asked to reactivate because either the hardware profile on your machine has changed significantly or you have de-activated your license for installation on a new machine”
I may be wrong but it only seems to happen when the jukes do not have an internet connection for a few days.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Recurring license validation problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
Hi conan

Are they both on the same PC ?, has windows been asking for reactivation also ?.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
    • AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke Services
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:02:56 PM »
this has just happened to me also as we speak............I'm awaiting a reply from steve.

I purchased a new licence, add the serial and machine code (no internet connection on my jukes) it went to load screen then before i couild even use videobox it briefly flashed up then shut down the program straight away.

so i re-clicked the vidbox icon on the desktop and it asked me for the registration details again. I added them same as last time now this time it says invalid code.

I'm really really started to get pissed off now!!!

I had no dramas what so ever with the old licencing scheme......this new one seems to have a ridiculous amount of bugs in it so far, we cant download trial versions unless you pay and then when you do they dont work either!!!!! come on guys sort it out would ya's!!
WWW.AWESOMEX.COM.AU - For all your DJ, Karaoke & Jukebox needs!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »
Hi stampy

Sorry you are getting mad with it, but there are no bugs in it, the activation code I sent you IS correct and the new licensing system is simple.

I would say that you may be entering the activation code wrong, have another try mate  :D

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:07:26 PM »
nah tried 50 times mate.......i'm copying and pasting so its not a typo.

Anyways, i called a mate who bought me over a 50 metre network cable and we ran it up into my house from the shed......once connected to the net it activated just fine.

I'm in the middle of testing the new features now of 2.9 (first time on it)

I must say, there's some cool little extra's i'm loving here :D

conanoz

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
Yes two of the jukes have both videobox and karaoke jukebox on the same machine, the other one just has videobox. I'm rumming windows XP on all machines which are all validated and have never been asked to reactivate windows.

All the hardware is unchanged on each machine.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »
Stampy

I dont understand why it would not register for you, i tested the code myself it should have worked  :o, anyway I'm glad you got going and i'm please that you like some of the new features, its always nice to get some good feedback  :D

Conan

I had something like this happen to me on an Xp machine, but I will be honnest in saying that I dont know what caused it, i didnt change any hardware but something invalidated my jukebox and my windows license.

I dont think its the jukebox itself, I think its more likely to be something else on the pc (another program or antivirus) or some operation that is occuring on the pc that is interfearing with the license somehow.

Bitcoin

Doge

conanoz

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
Hi Steve,

Umm on all 3 PC?  They are pretty basic machines with no virus software on them can you check you logs or something, like I said they validate
with no problem each time i reconnect to the internet and re validate.

All so first juke i made with the old licensing (Videobox) has the same hardware as the other 3 but it never has a problem.

I'd really like to sort this out, you may remember my other thread with the same problem and i kept canceling out of the validation until one day videobox would not start at all and i had to update the program.

Also one last thing, the last juke i made has only videobox installed and a fresh install of windows no other software but the validation still recurres every few days.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »
Conan

I have no logs it was a while back when it hapened to me, anyway something is invalidating the license so first thing to check is that the date & time are correct and that they are not changing when the pc has been turned off for a while (maybe bios battery?).
Dont just assume that they are ok actually go and check by turning them off for at least 2hrs and then check date & time again.

Bitcoin

Doge

stampy69

• www.awesomex.com.au
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »
hey Conan, i'm no expert by any means, but i'm pretty good with videobox now and xp problems.....if you like i could arrange a day to come have a look and see if we cant sort it out for you mate....i think you're not too far from us if you're on the gold coast.

Pm me your address and we'll work something out....failing that you might be able to get steve or bry to remote into your comp with teamviewer and let them take a look.

you can get these for $15> http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=4163

I bit the bullet and threw one in my home juke so i could use it as a experimental system to get the bugs out of my other machines.

teamviewer is also free> http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

conanoz

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »
Steve

Have checked time and date all correct, reset bios (may help) and replaced batteries.

Any other ideas?

Also when i asked about your logs i meant your validation program, could that tell us anything?

All jukes are running fine from today will keep trying over the next few day and see if the problem returns again.

Thanks

Stampy, have sent you a PM.