Author Topic: Coin Kit working great, a couple of questions  (Read 4731 times)

Tony Neen

Coin Kit working great, a couple of questions
« on: November 27, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
Coin Kit working great, a couple of questions, if you know.

I'm on my 3rd PL2303HX USB to TTL to UART RS232 COM Cable,

1st on just packed in after a week

2nd one works for 60 minuets and the stops !!!

3rd one seems ok at the moment but only been using it 24 hours.

1 - Do you know of any reputable suppliers ( not clones) for the serial to USB cable.

2 - I have a PCI serial card in the Jukebox for the Touchscreen, can i connect the SR3 to that using pin 2 for data and pin 5 for ground (serial pins).

I'm pulling my hair out lol !!!!

Cheers

Tony

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Coin Kit working great, a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
Hi Tony

We use one of those cheap plx cables and its been working for ages no problems, I did however kill one by using the power supply from one pc and then plugging the usb into a diferent pc, our bry says its something to do with the power & ground but I cant say I realy understand what he means.

I can't realy recommend using a serial card as Ive only used the plx cable so I dont know what would happen, but if you did do that I think you would need to use both pins for transmit & recieve together,(pins 2 & 3 maybe?), dont know about ground though.

If anyone else knows the answer then please reply and help Tony keep his hair  :D

Steve  ;D
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Tony Neen

Re: Coin Kit working great, a couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
Hi thanks for the info, ordered a "Top Of The Range" PLX cable, with a proper chip in it. I have been hammering the 2 cables that i have left and they are currently working 100%. Too be honest, i wasnt expecting much from a "30 bob" cable !!!

Done a bit of research into connecting the SR3 direct to the serial card, and i beleave it was mentioned that it's not a direct cable setup but some electronics is involved.

http://jukeblaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=1555.0

I'm going to write a book on all this when i'm finished...........

Thanks again

Tony