Author Topic: Touch screen - configuration screen  (Read 3941 times)

Andy_Burn

Touch screen - configuration screen
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »
Hi.
I have a touchscreen running at 800x600 (for my old tired eyes!)
When it gets going in party mode, everything is okay, except for when I run the configuration. It must require 1024x768 since the red arrow to go back is off screen.

While we are there, is there a way of changing the colour of the buttons from that conf screen?

Many Thanks,
Andy

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Touch screen - configuration screen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:00:42 AM »
Hi Andy

You are best to run JBP at the highest resolution you can, when you get down to 800x600 etc you will find that some controls may be off screen & the main screen will start to look a bit squat and be reduced to only one or two lines of album pictures showing, but it will still work, there are limits though, I reckon a 12 or 14 inch monitor 800x600 will be close to the lower limit.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Andy_Burn

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »
Hi Steve,
The software displays correctly on my 8in touchscreen at 800x600 apart from the config screen. The only part that does not display correct is the red back arrow. Its off screen.
I can run the monitor at 1024x768, but it gets a little fuzzy.
I can live with changing the res to mess with the colours :)

Thanks,
Andy

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:08:41 PM »
Andy

Im amazed it works on a 8in screen!, your project sounds cool, any chance of a picture showing it working ?  ;D

Bitcoin

Doge

Andy_Burn

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:44:10 AM »
Im planning to boot the machine off a flash drive of some description, maybe even read-only. XP goes in/out of standby pretty quick but at the moment, JBP prevents this when its playing. Is there any way of halting playback when the standby event is triggered so it can sleep?

Also theres a gigabit network card going onto the mini-itx board and its all going into a tall stand up cabinet in the corner of my games room - with the pool table, cockpit Starwars Arcade machine, and the mame arcade cocktail machine....Im showing off :p -  when I get the time and motivation to design and build it. Roll on the spring :)

Cheers,
Andy

Andy_Burn

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »
The other question I have is...
will JBP run on just Dot Net 2.0, or is 3.5 required? As far as I know, 3.5 is just 2.0 with a few extra libraries.
The reason I ask is that Windows 98 will run the original 2.0, and I'd like to give it a go!

Cheers
Andy

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
The other question I have is...
will JBP run on just Dot Net 2.0, or is 3.5 required? As far as I know, 3.5 is just 2.0 with a few extra libraries.
The reason I ask is that Windows 98 will run the original 2.0, and I'd like to give it a go!

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy
Im pretty sure you would need 3.5, If I remember right I tried it with 2.0 on XP in the early days and it protested, but nothing to stop you trying it  ;D.
Ps:, I like the sound of the cabinet you are going to make, I'm thinking of building one myself (when I get time), dont forget to post some pics of your projects etc they sound cool ! ;D

Bitcoin

Doge