Author Topic: the new coin kit  (Read 3701 times)

Spinny56

the new coin kit
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
 I have just fitted the new coin kit to my jukebox n sorted the coin mech out n everthing is ok on that front, the coins into the accepter put the correct amount of credit on but when i power down the pc then restart the coin board blue led doesnt flash???? i have to physically unplug and replug the usb to   n from the board and then everything is ok untill i restart !!!???
Is there a bios setting or a start up setting i am missing out as this supposed to be plug n play???
anybody any much appreciated ideas ::)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: the new coin kit
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »
Hi Spinny56

I dont know about your bios settings (there are so many diferent ones), the only thing I can think to try is see if your coin acceptor is stuck, disconect the coin line from your acceptor to the board and see if the led flashes on startup.
If so, dose the acceptor have any setting switches etc ?, what cm is it ?.
also do you have any volume or credit buttons attached ?, could one be stuck ?.
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Spinny56

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »
 i have tried just plugging in the usb lead into the board on its own and still it doesnt flash after start up unless i unplug and plug either of the usb's back in again and then i get the 'bee boop' when windows aknowledges a device plugged in. Surly i can not have another faulty board?
The coin mech is a self programable one from a company in china its a HI-09FCS. i have used these before on a variety of coin op machines !

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »
We dont know that your original board was at fault yet, as we havnt tested it.
The advance replacement we sent to you has been thoroughly tested and checked (by both of us) before it was sent, and so I will not accept that the board we just sent out is faulty.
If the board is faulty now, then your PC, wiring or acceptor may be somehow damaging them.

You might also be right about the bios thing, but I wouldnt advise you to change anything there unless you know what you are doing, I think the best idea is to try the board on another PC.

Ps: the Coin Kit board is not tested to work with that coin acceptor!.
If you have a datasheet for that acceptor please post a link so we can have a look for problems there.

It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
ste & spinner

i think i found the problen i googled that coin mech and it looks like its putting out 12volts or more (HIGH) down the coin input line   :'( eeek
i attached a picture of the document you can see it if you log in
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:39:05 AM by Bry »
It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge

Spinny56

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 02:11:36 PM »
 ok cheers for the info guys i will get back to the drawing board n try something else!
the coin mech works perfectly as it should if i plug n unplug the usb to n from the board!
  so the 12v down the impulse into the board would stop the board from starting up when the pc is booted ?

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
yes if the acceptor is puting 12v down the line it could damage the input port on the processor.
the recomended acceptors eithe give a low (negative or gnd) pulse or a open pulse.

a low pulse goes like this-- output is open (neither high nor low) and then goes low, and then goes back to open.

a open pulse goes like this-- output is low (negative, ground) and then goes open, and then returns to low

looks like your acceptor goes like this-- output is low (this is ok), but then goes high +12volts (not good), and then goes back low.

It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge