Author Topic: Is support available for Pub Jukebox?  (Read 7462 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Is support available for Pub Jukebox?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 09:20:39 AM »
Is your second screen connected via hdmi ?
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

clive

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 09:33:17 AM »
Its DVIout on the computer then through HDMI to the monitor

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 09:36:50 AM »
Thats your problem then, only straight vga is supported.
if you search the forum for "hdmi" you will see others have had problems with this...

Steve

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 09:46:08 AM »
Ah, thats a real problem then as very few modernmonitors have vga and the £3,995 external monitor i just bought doesn't... can this be fixed?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 09:50:22 AM »
Its not fixable with software cause its a hardware issue, thats just how hdmi works.
However i have 2 monitors and one has an hdmi to vga converter on it and that seems to work ok for me.

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 10:04:14 AM »
Hi Steve, not sure I understand.  The external HDMI works fine with other software such as photobooths etc on the same pc and never has any glitch.  This has to be a Jukeblaster issue surely?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »
Nope, you are forgetting windows.
its the way windows interfaces to the hardware, all programs run via windows.

Try this if you dont belive me, open any app that plays videos or music and set it playing, then drag the app from screen1 to the hdmi screen and you will see it glitch, sorry but there's no way around it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 10:29:21 AM by Steve »

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 11:09:53 AM »
Having read the other posts onHDMI I thought I would try something.  If I set up the external HDMI monitoras the PRIMARY screen, launch Jukebox and then drag it to the now secondary laptop screen, then set the video to play onthe second (now primary) screen it seems to work fine via HDMI.  However, I cant then make the Jukebox interface runin full screen on the (secondary) laptop screen.  Is this something that can be fixed so that I can make the secondary screen interface full screen?

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »
Hmmm, not sure what you mean its a bit confusing lol, but I doubt you will get it perfect while mixing different interface types.
have a look on the back of your monitor it should have a vga connector, most do...

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »
Ok. So if i set the external HDMI monitor as my Seocndary monitor on Windows it does not work.  If, however I configure the HDMI monitor asmy PRIMARY windows monitor (The one that Windows boots too) then load Jukebox (it will now be on the external monitor),.  I can then drag it to the laptop internal (Now secondary windows monitor) and set the HDMI monitor as the one to play videos too.  This has been working for over an hour.   However, I cant now set the interface on the laptop to full screen (as this is the Secondary Windows monitor not the Primary windows monitor).

So, if the software would allow me to run the interface full screen on my secondary windows monitor it would all work perfectly.

clive

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 11:31:06 AM »
Neither of my Jukebox external monitors (both bought in the last 6 months) have a VGA interface.  Netiher does my Eizo Colouredge 2420 which I have had for a few years now.  I think most modern monitors are HDMI/DVI only (or at least those I have bought).  I could try a VGA to HDMI adapter maybe

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »
When you say it wont go full scree, what does it do ? can you show a picture of it

Bitcoin

Doge

clive

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2021, 12:42:12 PM »
Nope, you are forgetting windows.
its the way windows interfaces to the hardware, all programs run via windows.

Try this if you dont belive me, open any app that plays videos or music and set it playing, then drag the app from screen1 to the hdmi screen and you will see it glitch, sorry but there's no way around it.

Hi Steve, this has always worked well for me on an external HDMI monitor.  It is how I always watched my music videos before buying the Jukbox software.  No glitches, Windows 10 playing to external HDMI secondary monitor.  I bought Jukebox to benefit from the music selection and indexing benefits that Jukebox offers.  I also use an external HDMI monitor when I am editing videos as most video editors do.  I am sure therefore that this is to do with the way that Jukebox is interfacing and not Windows itself or a problem with HDMI.  I think the solution I mention below also supports this as it has now been running over HDMI  in that configuration for over 2.5 hours without any glitches at all.

It is interesting that whenever it freezes it does it BETWEEN tracks leaving the jukebox default screen displayed and never in the middle of a track.  Surely if it was an ingerent HDMI issue it would happen at random times? 

Also, whenever you quit jukebox, via system admin, shutdown option, it always leaves a Jukebox program running in task manager and the secondary HDMI display frozen until you terminate that program manually via task manager.  I thought these explanations might help to identify the issue.

clive

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2021, 12:47:05 PM »
When you say it wont go full scree, what does it do ? can you show a picture of it

The only option to run jukebox in full screen mode is in system admin... this requires a restart and will therefore force Jukebox to the PRIMARY display (in this case the external HDMI monitor) and prevent me from dragging it back to the laptop monitor.  So the best I can get is as shown without the interface "locked" full screen to the now secondary windows laptop monitor.

clive

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »
A close up view showing the control options to resize on the screen