Author Topic: Network drive  (Read 4389 times)

ShakesBar

Network drive
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »
Almost ready to get on the wall, however I'm having a little trouble with getting the folders of music sorted.

It only works sometimes... and even then its very occasional.

I scan my network drive  (I use the network location as appose to the drive location) and it scans fine all of the demo music, but it won't (or in some cases will) see the music I've added (only 2 or 3 songs as it does take some time otherwise).

Then when I go into the interface it sometimes shows the track under 70's or 80's depending where I put it and allow me to play it, or it'll say "unavailable".

The network drive is infact connected directly to the ethernet port on the jukebox, so it doesn't have to go through the whole network. Its always connected.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Matt

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Network drive
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »
hi matt
what path are u typing into the music location box ?
how is ur drive connected to the pc ?, the lan port goes to where ?
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

ShakesBar

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
Hi Bry,

\\PERSONALCLOUD\Public\Videos is the location.

It seems to work on 'some' folders but not others? Its not a problem with the "Excluded Albums" as I look through them and they seem to be fine.

I have got to the point now where its working, but some folders aren't scanning in the "Scan Music Files".

Matt

ShakesBar

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:33:34 PM »
more than likely its user error, but at this point i am unable to work this out.

Matt

ShakesBar

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 05:16:06 PM »
I seem to have it working, I created new folders and they all appear. No idea what was going on?!

Anyway, time to sieve through 20k videos.. see you next year :)

Matt

Bry

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 06:36:45 PM »
ok matt sounds like a windows permissions thing or maybe security issue, maybe som folders are access denied etc, you coul d try instaling the 'take ownership' reg mod and then rigt click on ur music top folder an select take ownership that might work

reg mod here:- http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qz9wd2ymdnjy3ge5h7fjlrdc2zt0grry0ugwwv4

Ethereum
0xC3bB19c7078055117f2481ACb81587d6Da343B0E

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

ShakesBar

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
Thanks Bry, will give that a go.

Loving it so far, haven't got it inside of the actual jukebox yet but its all set up ready to rock and roll. Adverts set up on the network drive too so I can change them from my normal laptop... radio background set up... have a HTML page for the boot screen which says "Jukebox Loading" so it don't look too windows like. Just waiting to see if the coin acceptor in the jukebox i bought is compatible with the coin acceptor kit.

Will post pics as soon as done :)