Author Topic: Freezing  (Read 5038 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
Re: Freezing
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 07:01:56 AM »
See my last post...
Send us some crypto :-)
It helps us pay for the forum and new jukebox developments

Bitcoin
bc1qlfjvxfpj75wcpraa5phvvxjpc9w7dxhd8y9s0k

Doge
DGvvJZ6JNxcGtSSbgjaNE5zDe13YWwaPVE

Shorty8

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
Hi, it is not certain tracks that make it crash. I could put 5 songs on & if I don't make a selection before end of 5th track it will freeze, or if I put 30 tracks same thing.

The background music sometimes works but freezes after a could tracks.

If reset Windows, updated Windows, tried on a different computer so now I'm a bit lost.

xzotic

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2023, 08:03:30 AM »
I have exactly the same problem. I've had this issue since I bought Pub Jukebox but I thought given it was such an obvious bug it would be fixed in an update. However an update has never come so I've just been doing a workaround which is just to make sure music is loaded within the first 10 seconds of firing up the program and then keep adding music to the playlist. As long as I keep adding music and the music doesn't stop it will keep playing and will be responsive to music selection.

As soon as the music stops, the whole interface becomes completely non-responsive and the only way to get out of it is to force close through Task Manager and restart.

The problem is exactly as the other poster here has explained so it is not isolated and it has nothing to do with the music files being played. It plays any music video file fine as long as you keep the playlist loaded with music. As soon as it runs out of music to play it freezes.

Additionally, it seems to freeze in the same way when you try and go into the system admin menu. It is responsive for around 10 seconds and then no response to the interface.

I would like to use the program more and would really like to see this issue fixed. If I have people over and it runs out of music it is annoying to have to reset it again and/or load it up with heaps of music just so it continues to operate.

I'm using the non-flash version (as the flash version doesn't work for me at all either) and a touch screen connected to a PC with the following specifications:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40 GHz
8Gb RAM
Win 10 x64
Pen and touch support with 6 points (nexio HID multitouch ATIO460-06)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2023, 07:53:50 PM »
xzotic, it's not an "obvious bug" at all, just because you both have the same problem doesn't mean that its a problem with PJ, let me explain...
Most people (who are not programmers) don't understand that their operating system (windows) is not foolproof or bug free, they assume that because windows seems to be working ok that it must be the program they are trying to run that must be at fault, this is naive boomer thinking, its like when your dad used to thump the top of the TV when reception was bad, If you look back at my conversation with shorty you will see that I offered him help, I asked him to send me some of his music files to inspect, he refused, saying that he knew better and that his files couldn't be at fault!, there's no way to help someone that refuses to cooperate...

Bitcoin

Doge

xzotic

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2023, 07:23:34 AM »
Thanks Steve for your reply. I found the issue. It’s an unhandled exception that I was able to correct through changes in the Operating System. So you are correct, it’s not an 'obvious bug’ at all, it’s just an 'obvious deficiency' in the code that could be rectified to improve the program.

Sorry for being so naive and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Steve

• Administrator
    • Jukeblaster.com
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2023, 07:31:43 AM »
Sounds interesting, this will help others, what was the exception and what did you change to correct it ?.

Bitcoin

Doge